Multiculturalism

I read in one of my books that a good way to help students understand voice in writing is to have them rewrite nursery rhymes using different voices. Well, I thought that would be a great idea, so I decided to try it. Well, when I announced it to my first period class, I realized that most students in my class are minorities, and they don't know what nursery rhymes are. Even though every culture has short, moral stories that teach us lessons, they are not called nursery rhymes in every language. That was something that I had never thought about. I am taking a Multicultural class right now and that is why I thought of it, but it is interesting to see how I need to change my curriculum and lessons to adapt to those that may not be aware of how Americans do things.

1 comments:

    TRUE THAT