Synchronicities

My curriculum professor, Dr. Cliff Mayes, defines synchronicities as those little things that happen that show that you are teaching some sort of eternal truth. He gives the example of a clock stopping in his class when he was talking about Time (not the magazine).

A synchronicity happened when I was discussing the rebuttal paragraph with my students. That paragraph refutes your opponents claims when you write a persuasive essay. My students were talking about how students should have cell phones in class, and I said, "Your opponents will argue that cell phones are distracting, so you need to tell them why they are wrong. You need to prove to them that cell phones can be in school without being a distraction." Right as I was finishing that sentence, my cell phone rang.

0 comments: