Web Quest

My students started research for their web quest today, and I have to say that I am very excited about it. I wish that I could have done more for it, but I am okay with starting small. One thing that I have noticed is that while some of them know and understand how to get around on the web, they are not necessarily computer literate. Many of them don't understand what a title of a page is as opposed to the title of a site. Some don't know what the web address is. It is interesting how much I need to teach internet literacy to them as well as the other material I must teach. This is not a complaint, by the way, just an interesting observation.

2 comments:

    This is not about your Web Quest (although I do think it's a great assignment); it's about your website. I think it's fantastic! It looks like a lot of effort. Maybe next year I'll have less on my plate and can do something like it.

    So, what is a webquest?

    http://www.screencast.com/t/7erE8ot4N6u