Salt Lake City Bike Tour, Take 2

I did the bike tour again. I wasn't going to do it, but a good friend at work said he was going to, and he is a better rider than I, so I thought it would be a good challenge.

Turns out, we weren't able to meet up, so I couldn't ride with him, but I finished about 15 minutes after him.

The ride was pretty good. I didn't spend too much time drafting other riders. But I did hitch on a couple trains here and there.

The ride was a little bit different than last year, but not enough for it to be a big deal.

This year, I had a heart rate monitor and a speed and cadence sensor attached to me and my bike. I really like having those; they make the ride much more enjoyable. Since I didn't have to worry about much, I kept the screen on my heart rate graph, which was pretty cool to see.

I didn't focus on my speed at all, which is good for me because it usually makes me go slower.

I did get stopped part way through the ride as my chain fell off as I was shifting. That is always a bummer!

Last year it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to ride 23.87 miles. This year, however, it took me 1 hour and 16 minutes to ride 23.84 miles. My average last year was 17.9 and I wanted to hit 18 mph average and I got 18.7 mph average. I was pretty stoked about that.

I did not run out of energy, despite not eating any carbs. That was cool, too.








0 comments: