Sunday, March 30, 2014 by Jethro Jones
I had the great pleasure of speaking with Dr. Fidel Montero, the principal of Alta High School (Twitter) in Sandy, Utah. Fidel is inspiring from the first moment that you speak with him. He is incredibly smart, very caring, and wants students to be the most successful people they can be. Here is his TEDxCSDTeachers talk: Care. This is part two of my interview with him. I hope you enjoy it. We barely scratched the surface of what makes him transformative.
- How he counsels teachers and puts them in their areas of strength.
- How he evaluates himself and the initiatives he implements.
- How he delegates and guides the implementation of his vision.
- Michael Barber - Deliverology
- Some missteps the school took as they rolled out some new initiatives.
- How he responds when people complain about being overworked.
- How he gets feedback from teachers.
- What you can do to be a transformative principal. The President’s Club