Monday, June 16, 2014 by Jethro Jones
My second part interview with the great Alice Peck. In this episode we focus on her new assignment as a principal of a Title I school in our district.
- What is Alice going to take with her to her new Title I school?
- What is Alice anxious about in going to her new school?
- Why Alice is excited about change.
- “If you’re not nervous, you probably shouldn’t be doing this!”
- How Alice is going to overcome her fears.
- “The greatest way to overcome fear is to face it and address it!”
- How Alice will deal with building trust as fast as she can. Hint: you can’t speed up trust.
- The importance of visibility as a school leader.
- Modeling the kind of work ethic she wants her staff to have.
- What advice does Alice have to be a transformative principal? Surround yourself with smart people.
- What helps Alice focus on what is most important? (I forgot to take a picture before I left her office! I’ll see if you can send me one.)