Innovation Incubator with Jason Markey Anita Huffman and Meaghan O'Neil Transformative Principal 116
Sunday, March 20, 2016 by Jethro Jones
- Assistant principal for Student Services - The importance of a title
- Breakfast with students to support the new students coming in.
- ACCESS Program - extra 25 minutes for freshman to help them get acclimated.
- Hand-schedule students with ACCESS teacher so they have a single adult to
- Learning2breathe study time for students to focus on mindfulness.
- Teaching the whole child.
- “Yes, And” thinking.
- Giving kids the time and space to be creative.
- Innovation incubator.
- Disengaging from PLCs to be in a new group focused on design thinking.
- Design thinking
- Trust and vulnerability is vital.
- It is an unknown.
- What can you do to be a transformative principal:
- Work to empathize more with our students and teachers
- Have a PLN and connect with others to help reflect and continue to grow.
- Step out of your comfort zone and learn and grow.
Ready for a Modern Web Site for your school? Simple School Sites is the place to go for high quality Wordpress sites specially designed for schools.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.