Thursday, March 17, 2016 by Jethro Jones
Today, Daniel Bauer and I talk about our Mastermind. I encourage you to join. Check it out here: Transformative Mastermind.
If you still have questions or are ready to join, please set up a brief phone call. Schedule a call
Daniel and I are both setting up masterminds. I interview him on his podcast: Better Leaders Better Schools
Mastermind For Principals
We all know that being a principal can be a lonely job. It is isolating to be the only one who has to deal with everything that goes on in your day-to-day life. Some of us have assistant principals, some of us have co principals, but each of us know that there are some things that are just hard to help other people understand what you’re going through.
Enter a mastermind. A mastermind is a group of people who are dedicated to investing in themselves to improve their lives.
We all have social networks which help us in various ways. If you have been on Twitter, in Facebook groups, or Voxer groups, you know there can be an ebb and flow with the conversation and ability to help other people in the group. You know there are a lot of lurkers. You also know that sometimes your questions and needs don’t get answered. Sometimes you don’t even ask questions because you can’t articulate what the problem is without giving a big back story.
A mastermind is different. You commit to being there for yourself and for your teammates. You commit to answering their questions, to supporting them, and, most importantly, to investing in yourself to help you be the best you can be.
The truth is, a mastermind isn’t for everybody. Answer the following questions and see if you might be one of the ten principals in the country that will be able to join this mastermind.
- Do you want your work and home life to be in balance?
- Do you want to lead with a new level of confidence and ability?
- Do you want to learn how to communicate with your teachers and students so they understand the vision you have?
- Do you want to learn how to work with other principals and leaders in your district to be on the same page, working towards the same mission?
- Do you want to be healthier?
- Do you want to have better relationships with those you love?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then let’s set up a call and talk further about the possibilities.
What do you get as a member of the mastermind?
- Weekly meetings online to facilitate the mastermind.
- A group of principals that are willing to help you as you help them.
- A monthly leadership book club
- A DISC personality profile test to help you understand how you communicate, and help people communicate with you.
- Free access to events and trainings.
- Private Facebook group and Voxer group.
- A rotating weekly problem-solving session that allows you to go deep into the primary problem you are facing in your school.
- Specific curated podcast list of the best podcasts available.
- Celebrations of overcoming obstacles at your school with people who will understand the complexity of the obstacle.
- A time to reflect that will energize you for the next week to be your best.
- Lifelong relationships with other principals.
I hope you will join me, and take your leadership to a level you never could have imagined.
If you are still not sure, please read through the frequently asked questions below and set up a call with me!
What is the time commitment?
We will meet each week online for about 60–90 minutes. These sessions will be jam packed with useful information, problem solving, and reflection.
Why does it cost money? I can join a Voxer group for free!
This is more than a Voxer group. This is a group of people, meeting regularly, to make sure that we are being the best we can be.
Simply put, if you don’t pay for it, you will likely get “too busy” and blow it off. When you invest an amount of money you are going to be more dedicated to it. Your level of commitment and dedication will be commensurate to the monetary value associated with it.
Your monetary investment in yourself shows that you are serious about learning and growing.
What if I don’t have the time for something like this?
Then it is not for you.
What if I don’t find it valuable?
If you’re not satisfied with it, you can call me and ask for a refund. I’ll ask for feedback about how to make it more meaningful, and happily refund your money.
What if I just want to listen and not participate?
The mastermind is for those who want to do. It won’t be as beneficial if you are on the sidelines. That being said, we won’t be forcing anyone to do anything. You will get out of this what you put into it.