Sunday, January 1, 2017 by Jethro Jones
- Drugs and alcohol exposure to kids.
- Perceived risk of harm is minimized because of decriminalization.
- Addiction rate doubles when kids use marijuana and alcohol in high school or before.
- The reality is that you don’t know if it is a gateway drug.
- Marijuana is not good for the adolescent brain.
- If you get addicted to opiates in high school, you will likely relapse.
- Focus on coping skills to help them deal with life.
- Give kids options. What do you want to get high on?
- Trauma-informed strategies for students.
- Predictors of success: when every staff member learns every student’s name.
- If you don’t have relationships, kids won’t trust you and kids won’t do what you ask.
- What can we do to be a transformative Principal? Know kids by name. Honest, humor, hope. Look and Listen. Smile and Say Hi to everyone.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.