Sunday, February 5, 2017 by Jethro Jones
Karine Veldhoen, M. Ed. is the founder of Learn Forward and a creative force in education. She’s also the Chief Learning Officer at Willowstone Academy, the CEO/Founder of Niteo Africa, a former Education Consultant for Fresh Grade and a modern day pilgrim.
Learn Forward represents a lifetime of her professional study, action research, and meaning-making within the context of education. Driven by her passion for making a difference in the lives of others, Karine’s been exploring the most important journeys of children through serving as the Chief Learning Officer at Willowstone Academy for the last 10 years and as an educator for over 20 years. In her talks about the transformation of education, she emphasizes the importance of cultivating a connection between school and home and uses the Table of Learning as a metaphor for where we can begin. Twitter @Learn_forward
- What do children need universally?
- The need is endless. Human need is endless.
- Matching our greatest gift to fulfilling the human need.
- Refined self-care.
- Design a self-care plan.
- Using design-thinking process.
- Designing for thriving.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly practices
- Success of morning routine depends on setting yourself up for success the night before.
- It’s not perfect, sometimes nights are rough.
- When it does work well, it is awesome.
- If you have a spouse, take time each
- Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg.
- GTD by David Allen.
- Review days on Friday.
- Review upcoming dates for the week on Friday.
- Teachers are doing the heroic work, leave on Friday and go home and rest.
- Empowering our team of teachers in their work is incredibly important.
- They need information and communication to do that well.
- Monthly routines reflect on what goals were achieved.
- The 12 Week Year by Brian Moran
- Michael Hyatt’s Free to Focus Course
- Visioning Retreat yearly with spouse - Nest Building for Parents
- How to be a Transformative Principal? WIN: do What’s Important Now!
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.