A Teaching Meme

I am following the lead of an edublogger that I just learned about. I don't know any of the teachers' blogs that I read, and I only know one of the bloggers that is a teacher.

1. I am a good teacher because… I love learning and helping other people learn.

2. If I weren’t a teacher, I would be… lost! All through my life I have wanted to be a teacher. I tried to avoid it, but I knew I would end up in education. I believe any job in education is there to help students learn.

3. My teaching style is… dependent on my students, but sadly probably more authoritative than I would like.

4. My classroom is… covered in paper. I have papers all over my desk and counter top. My organization skills are in desperate need of assistance from a professional organizer.

5. My lesson plans… are online.

6. One of my teaching goals is… to start my own school (that goal is still many years away from being accomplished.)

7. The toughest part of teaching is… motivating the unmotivated, (I agree with Blair).

8. The thing I love most about teaching is… when students "get it". The "Oh, I get it now!" is the best and most exciting thing to hear.

9. A common misconception about teaching is… those who can't do, teach. (And by extension, those who can't teach, teach PE.)

10. The most important thing I’ve learned since I started teaching… It takes time to be a good teacher. Teaching is a marathon, not a sprint.

1 comments:

    That is good self reflection. As an administrator, it would be good to have the teaching staff complete those questions and possible share with other teachers or with administrator during evaluations.