Sunday, January 10, 2016 by Jethro Jones
Kristin Bentley is a 2nd grade teacher in a Title I school.
She created an awesome app that helps manage classroom behavior: Color My Day
- Why use this rather than Class Dojo.
- Think Time forms and Office Discipline Referrals are built-in to the app.
- Shoutout to Tricia Skyles
- ODRs going down means nothing if teacher morale is going up.
- The process of creating an app from the ground up.
- Crayons and paper
- Found a graphic designer.
- Found a programmer.
- Tell people about your ideas, find out what people are looking for in their schools.
- Do something to make people’92s lives easier.
- Make sure it is not something extra for teachers or admins to implement.
- Need 3 people: Expert, designer, and developer.
- Three ways to get it off the ground: pay someone, find someone to buy into your vision, find investors.
- Support teachers who are building apps to support students.
Ready for a Modern Web Site for your school? Simple School Sites is the place to go for high quality Wordpress sites specially designed for schools.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.