Sunday, November 20, 2016 by Jethro Jones
- 3 hours of uninterrupted core math and ELA.
- explorations in the afternoon.
- Science, social studies, math, spanish, technology fine arts, extended learning program, etc.
- Explorations Class Catalog
- Explorations classes are 9 weeks for three each. Some are year long, some are semester long.
- Student choice enhances student engagement.
- Relationships deepen because of looping.
- Afternoon can be something that students really engage in because they choose it.
- Magnet school using the same
- Magnet is the explorations that bring students and families to the school.
- Lottery system to determine who goes to Barnette.
- Envision Math and GoMath.
- Explorations are multi-age in bands.
- Science and social studies checklists to make sure they get what they need.
- 416 students, 20 part time students. Have an additional secretary who does all the scheduling.
- How to deal with endorsements for teachers teaching explorations.
- How to deal with contractural obligations like prep time.
- How are class sizes affected by this schedule?
- Students each lunch in their rooms.
- Each teacher has 2 explorations to teach in the afternoon.
- Class sizes are 20–25 for core classes. Class sizes are a little smaller in explorations
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.