Monday, April 27, 2015 by Jethro Jones
Today, I am talking with Brad Gustafson @GustafsonBrad, principal of Greenwood Elementary School #GWGreats. I’ve been a follower of Brad’s blog for a long time. He is inspiring and helps me want to be a better principal. I hope you learn a ton from him, just like I have.
In this episode we talk about:
- Mobile makerspaces
- Sphero balls - Draw and Drive
- Working on the Work (Buy the current book: Engaging Students: The Next Level of Working on the Work)
- Passport to Passion
- ClickToTweet: We are saying let’s celebrate creative genius!
- Three goals: high student achievement, cultural relationships, meaningful technology integration
- Constructive pushback
- Keeping it simple
- Teachers are talented.
- Failure - Moodle forums research
- Monthly theme - optional vs. required.
- Transparency builds trust
- Teachers do great things no matter what, either openly and transparently or behind closed doors.
*Invest in digital connections to deep your learning.
- Educational malpractice to limit learning based on what we refuse to learn.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.