Monday, September 29, 2014 by Jethro Jones
Part 2 of my interview with Colin Andrews.
- How Colin hires great teachers
- Colin doesn’t ask any interview questions, he just listens to his VPs ask all the questions.
- An online form for parents to fill out student’s absences.
- How Colin inspires people to be the best they can be and ensure students have global, authentic connections.
- Sister schools in China, Korea, Japan, mainland USA and Kodiak, AK.
- How he gets connections with other schools in the country.
- How he took the school from $800 in the bank when he started to $200K for materials and PD.
- Global connections so kids can think about how to talk to kids across the ocean.
- Goal to connect each class to two overseas classrooms.
- Picks books relevant to his locale’s native culture and other native cultures in the other schools and share them with the students.
- How Colin started connecting with the schools he partners with now (No mention of Twitter!)
- How to be a transformative principal: Open doors for other people. “Give it a Go”
- What keeps him going: his grandchildren.
- Connect with Colin