Sunday, January 31, 2016 by Jethro Jones
Kara is an assistant principal at Edwin Lowe Elementary in New Town North Dakota.
- Her generation doesn’t feel that people are coming in to take away their culture.
- There’s nothing we can’t learn from each other.
- How to help kids choose to be in education: Be that outstanding teacher!
- Having authentic conversations.
- History of Indian Education in America.
- Boarding schools were opened up. Goal was to assimilate the natives.
- Have to be willing to learn to respect their culture.
- Pow-Wows are very vital.
- Being fair, being willing to learn from others.
- To help students, you need to have a good relationship.
- Pair people up with support staff.
- Providing resources for students as they are growing and developing.
- Mediators help bridge the gap.
- How paraprofessionals can help. They need lots of training.
- In the eyes of the student, there is not much difference between paraprofessionals and teachers.
- How to be a transformative principal: Maintain work-life balance, be authentic and have authentic conversations.
- Expect teachers to be accountable for their work.
- Twitter is a educational toolbox.
Ready for a Modern Web Site for your school? Simple School Sites is the place to go for high quality Wordpress sites specially designed for schools.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.