Monday, October 13, 2014 by Jethro Jones
Mike is a principal of a pre-K–8 school. He is a great principal and also really great at using technology in unique ways. You can follow him on Twitter (@Techedvance). Spending a few minutes on his web site will teach you a ton about how to use technology to improve your professional practice.
- Turning off the red badge for email notifications. Blog Post
- Classroom Walkthroughs with Drafts
- The Drafts app.
- Dealing with things that come up through the day (do it now, or save for later).
- Mac Power Users Podcast appearance.
- Plain text notes held together by Dropbox is Byword, NVAlt, Fantasical all make him a better leader.
- How to be a transformative principal: Find one way that you can use technology to do your job. If you carry around a smart phone and you can’t answer the question, how does my phone help me be a better principal, make it a goal to find out how it does help you do your job.
- What keeps him inspired: The things in my office that remind me of my faith and my daughter starting in preschool at my school.