Sunday, June 19, 2016 by Jethro Jones
Scott Beebe is the founder of My Business on Purpose where he teaches business leaders to be be successful. He also teaches families how to create a family vision mission and value at Create a Family Vision.
- Being a pastor is like being a leader anywhere else.
- We want to change their hearts.
- What are those things?
- Vision Story - Vision statement is pretty pointless. Vision story is what is exciting.
- It’s ok for people to not be into the vision.
- Hiring. Need to give them the vision. Not hiring on a whim.
- Shareholder letter from Jeff Bezos
- Mission Statement - Not some catchy thing that sounds good.
- Highlight key action words in vision story. The mission statement is what drives you to get out of bed. It is the vision story in summary.
- Unique to who you are.
- 15 words max, memorizable.
- What is unique about your school? Use that to your advantage.
- What do we want our family to look like in 5–10 years? That will affect what our school looks like.
- What do we want our students to look like 28 years from now?
- “We exist to…” Mission statement
- “I see…” Vision story
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.