Senteo Clickers

I use iClickers in my Politics class down at BYU, and it they are pretty nice. Last week I learned about SmartTechnology's Senteo system which is pretty neat. The video below will give you a taste of it.



The nice thing about it that there are so many possibilities with it. Here is a video of the action with my students participating. So, here is the neat thing: at our school, we are supposed to give assessments and analyze the data. They want us to do really in-depth data analysis. This spreadsheet shows what Senteo exports. This is great because if you make these lists (which I am not sure how to do) you can show only those who missed certain questions, or those who got certain questions right. It is really neat.



With these spreadsheets, you can see how well you teach certain topics, see how you need to improve, see if a question is throwing everybody off. You can also find students that are doing really poorly, and figure out how to differentiate instruction for them.

Have a Good Life.

4 comments:

    I saw a thing on foxnews about them doing this during a lecture in the class to see if the students were keeping up with the lecture. the students liked it and got more participation from the class. plus problems were answered before the test. better grades and the students learned more. cool
    dad

    Thanks for the great explanation, Jethro. You have a really cool blog!!
    Bonnie Muir
    JSD

    On November 17, 2011 at 9:01 AM Anonymous said...

    The video that you posted is very informative and helpful-thank you! I have not used Senteo clickers with my SmartBoard yet, but I am planning to in our next unit. I am very excited to compile some results and see how it can improve my teaching and my student’s learning!

    On November 17, 2011 at 9:02 AM Anonymous said...

    The video that you posted is very informative and helpful-thank you! I have not used Senteo clickers with my SmartBoard yet, but I am planning to in our next unit. I am very excited to compile some results and see how it can improve my teaching and my student’s learning!