Monday, June 30, 2014 by Jethro Jones
This second part of the interview with Tom Whitford delves deeper into the great things he is doing. We discuss the following:
- Working with 3 different schools
- How he manages dealing with all that they have going on.
- Dealing with the new teacher evaluation system using the Danielson model
- What he has been focusing on as a leader in the three schools: PBIS and RTI.
- What RTI looks like on a day-to-day basis in his school(s).
- What ICE looks like at his school(s). What data they use, and how fluid their groups are.
- Why some students might get less support by entering Special Education than if they stay in their intervention groups.
- How to create opportunities for fluid movement and appropriate support between groups to meet the needs of the students.
- WADITW (We’ve Always Done it this Way)
- What advice would he give to principals? Relationships
- How being out in the hallways is beneficial (even during parent teacher conferences).
- What is in his office to motivate him? Great sayings in his office and his kids.
- Voxer usage helping him communicate with other principals.
- Shoutout to @gcouros and @mmiller